Jamshyd “Jim” M. Zadeh, Esq. is president and owner of the Law Office of Jim Zadeh, P.C. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, Zadeh has more than 25 years of litigation experience.
Zadeh’s law experience includes representing
- numerous individuals and companies in personal injury cases
- companies and individuals in business disputes
- employees and employers in employment related disputes
He also serves as local counsel in Tarrant County and throughout Texas and prepares appellate briefs as needed.
For his research contributions and case successes, Zadeh is frequently tapped as an expert on the subject of toxic tort and has traveled nationwide as a guest lecturer for various industry symposiums, including:
- Mississippi Silica Conference
- National Silica Conference
- National Plaintiff & Defense Silica Conf.
Zadeh enjoys employing cutting edge law office technology and have and will speak on the issue at:
- Fort Worth Business & Estate Section of the Tarrant County Bar Association on IPad Uses for an Attorney (Nov 2012)
- Tarrant County Bench Bar Conference on Law Office Technology (April 2013)
Prior to launching his own practice, Zadeh was an associate and partner with the Fort Worth firm Bourland, Kirkman, Seidler & Evans, L.L.P. for eight years. He began his career as an associate with the well-known Texas firm Shannon, Gracey, Ratliff & Miller, L.L.P.
A Michigan native, Zadeh earned a double degree in Mathematics and Economics and Business Administration from Kalamazoo College in Michigan in 1985. He later received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Southern Methodist University in 1988. He is licensed to practice law in Texas and Mississippi and he is active in professional organizations, including:
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Foundation
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- State Bar of Mississippi
When not practicing law, Zadeh enjoys spending time with his wife, Ann, and their two children, Michael and Kyle. Ann has been on the Fort Worth City Council since 2016, where she spends her time helping the community. Zadeh is a lifetime soccer player with fifteen years of coaching experience. In fact, Zadeh has coached at the highest level in Texas and is a former president of the Fort Worth United Soccer Club. He also enjoys sprint triathlons.
Over the years, Zadeh has also been affiliated with the following community organizations:
- Big Brothers & Sisters of Arlington
- Hill School of Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Youth Soccer Association
- Fort Worth United Soccer Club
- Bluebonnet Hills Neighborhood Association
Teaching is the main reason why Zadeh enjoys coaching. Zadeh has been an Adjusct Professor at Texas A&M School of Law since 2016. He has taught Case Evaluation and Client Relationship class, and is currently teaching Law Practice Management as an Adjunct Professor at the Texas A&M School of Law.
The main focus of his class will be:
- How to start a law practice
- What technology is needed
- How to manage a law office
- How to get and keep clients
- Basic accounting and billing procedures
The primary goal of this class is to teach the students how to open, operate and manage a successful solo or small law firm practice on their own.
- Top Car Accident Attorney
- Client's Choice
Fort Worth Magazine
- Top Attorney 2012-2017
- Super Lawyer 2014-2017
- Client Distinction Based on Client Review
- quality of service
- overall value
- Communication Ability
The American Registry
- America's Most Honored Professional
National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 2017 Nation's Top One Percent
Examples of Cases We Have Handled
The following is a list of the just some of the cases that Jim Zadeh has handled.
- Represented workers claiming exposure to silica in Texas and Mississippi. Obtained numerous confidential settlements.
- Represented construction worker who fell 22 feet from a steel beam. Obtained a settlement against the general contractor and a judgment against the sub-contractor.
- Represented a construction worker who had a crane load dropped onto his leg. Obtained a settlement against the general contractor and a judgment against the sub-contractor.
- Represented numerous car accident victims.
- Represented motorcycle accident victims.
- Represented victims of assault.
- Represent victims of trip or slip and falls.
- Previously, but currently do not, represented insurance companies in defense of car accident cases.
- Represented individual accidentally stuck with infected hypodermic needle
Failure to pay insurance claims
- Represented business owners and homeowners who were wrongfully denied or underpaid Hurricane Ike insurance claims.
- Represented Tarrant County, Dallas County, Fort Worth and Dallas homeowners who were wrongfully denied or underpaid insurance claims for wind, flood and rain.
- Represent partners in a dispute over control of the business.
- Represent restaurant and bar owners being sued by owners of the rights to boxing matches claiming pirating of broadcast.
- Represent the seller of an apartment complex over claims of fraud in the sale.
- Represent sales representative on failure to pay commissions.
- Represent a company who is seeking damages for breach of a director’s fiduciary duties
- Represent company that was sued for allegedly being part of a multi million dollar check kiting scheme.
- Represent company seeking to recover for breach of contract by their customers
- Represent subcontractor in dispute with general contractor
- Represent company for allegedly breaching commercial leases
- Represent company who were sued for allegedly underpaying workers compensation premiums
- Represent companies who have an employee accusing them of sexual assault
- Represented victims of sexual harassment, including rape, inappropriate sexual touching, and inappropriate sexual comments
- Represented victims of racial discrimination
- Represent victims of retaliation for filing complaints of harassment or discrimination
- Represent employees seeking to have their employment contracts reviewed
- Represent employees who have allegedly breach their employment agreements
- Served as local counsel for company sued for making asbestos containing brakes
- Served as local counsel for fast food manufacturer on an American with Disabilities Act claim
- Served as local counsel for plaintiff on a personal injury suit.
- Served as local counsel for a company seeking to collect on judgments.
- Served as local counsel for a Defendant accused of civil assault
Oil and Gas
- Represent individual homeowners and landowners by reviewing proposed oil and gas leases for their property
- Represented homeowner and homeowner associations whose pond had been overrun by silt and dirt from an neighboring construction site
- Represented homeowners whose roofs were made of defective materials
(preparation of legal documents, incorporation of company, preparation of assumed name certificates, employment agreements, etc.)
- Represented two software companies
- Represented multi million dollar motorcycle manufacturing company
- Represent a dating service
- Represent an alarm equipment sales representative company
- Represent alarm sales company
- Represented a creditor and won a trial which prevented a debtor from obtaining a discharge under Sections 523 and 727 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented numerous individuals in divorce proceedings.
- Draft simple wills