Yes, you can either get compensation from your insurance company or from filing a lawsuit against the opposing party. If you are not at fault for the accident, you are not responsible for the damages that occurred during the accident. Civil lawsuits should be able to compensate you for damages and injuries you may have sustained. 

Jim M. Zadeh
Connect with me
Attorney at Law