If you believe your boss is acting inappropriately, it's essential to address the situation appropriately. Here are some steps you can take:


1. Document the Incidents: Keep a detailed record of any inappropriate behavior, including dates, times, locations, and descriptions of the incidents. Note any witnesses who may have observed the behavior. Documentation will help establish a pattern of misconduct and provide evidence if needed.


2. Review Company Policies: Familiarize yourself with your company's policies regarding harassment, discrimination, and appropriate workplace behavior. Understand your rights and obligations as outlined in these policies.


3. Consult Human Resources: If your company has a human resources (HR) department, report the behavior to them. Schedule a meeting with an HR representative to discuss your concerns in a confidential setting. Provide them with your documented evidence and be clear about the specific instances of inappropriate behavior.


4. Follow Reporting Procedures: If your company has a formal reporting process for such matters, ensure that you follow it accordingly. This may involve submitting a written complaint or filling out specific forms. Cooperate with any investigations conducted by HR or other relevant departments.


5. Seek Legal Advice: If the inappropriate behavior persists, or if your company fails to take appropriate action, you may want to consult with an employment lawyer. They can assess your situation, provide legal advice, and guide you on your rights and potential courses of action.


6. Reach Out to External Authorities: If the behavior is illegal, such as sexual harassment or discrimination based on protected characteristics, you may consider filing a complaint with external authorities. This can include government agencies responsible for enforcing employment laws, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in the United States.


7. Seek Support: Dealing with inappropriate behavior can be emotionally challenging. Reach out to trusted colleagues, friends, or family members for support. You may also consider seeking counseling or therapy to help cope with the stress and emotional impact.


Remember, each situation is unique, and the appropriate course of action may vary based on your specific circumstances and local laws. It's important to consult with a legal professional to understand your rights and options in addressing inappropriate behavior in the workplace. We would be happy to help assist you with this situation. Please give us a call at (817) 335-5100. 

Jim M. Zadeh
Connect with me
Attorney at Law