There are two ways your Texas employer can react when you are seriously injured on the job. The best managers take the situation extremely seriously, and either provide expert care on the scene or immediately rush you to a hospital or licensed medical professional. The worst managers try to minimize your injury, telling you to “walk it off” or disputing that the accident actually occurred on the job. If the latter is the case, you need to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible!
Your Employer Owes it to You To Take Your Injury Seriously
Why would an employer choose to look the other way when you suffer a serious injury, or even actively dissuade you from seeking medical help? Here are some probable reasons:
- Your company does not participate in the Texas workers’ compensation system, and has failed to purchase the alternative insurance necessary to settle worker injury claims.
- Your company does, in fact, subscribe to the state workers’ comp system, but does not want to draw attention to its—possibly illegal—work practices by allowing you to file a claim.
- If your company does carry private insurance, the business owner is afraid that insurance premiums will increase if he reports your injury—the same way your car-insurance premiums increase after you have an accident.
- Your company is not licensed by the state, or doesn't file its payroll taxes, and is afraid that it will no longer be able to operate “under the radar” if it allows you to report your injury.
- Your manager did not personally witness the accident, and he suspects that you made it up, and that you're trying to cash in on the company's good will and coast for a few weeks.
- Your company maintains that your injury was caused by a third party (say, another subcontractor on a construction site) and that it bears no responsibility for the accident.
Don't Let an Employer Minimize Your Injury—Contact Jim Zadeh Today
If you feel that you are getting no traction on your work-related injury complaint, you need to engage the services of an experienced Ft. Worth personal injury lawyer. With nearly three decades of experience, Jim Zadeh has filed numerous lawsuits against non-subscribing Texas employers, as well as third parties responsible for work injuries. Call Jim today at 888-713-5418 to find out what he can do for you!