I'm working on a case right now in which my client's vehicle was hit from behind by another vehicle while my client was exiting the parking lot of a restaurant.  The vehicle that struck my client's vehicle failed to stop and fled the scene of the accident.  My client chased this vehicle and she took a picture of the license plate.  Clearly, I am not recommending you chase a vehicle that hits you, because you could put yourself in danger.  Please look at my recommendation that I have posted in my FAQs tab talking about what to do after a car accident.  After taking the picture of the license plate, my client called the police to file a report.  The police informed her that due to her leaving the scene of the accident, a police report could not be filed and a police officer would not be dispatched to write a report.

This nice lady came to our office, and using the license plate information, we were able to locate the owner of the vehicle.  We are also aware that the Texas Department of Transportation offers the Driver's Crash Report (CR-2 Blue Form).  This form can be submitted by any driver of a motor vehicle that was involved in a crash that was not investigated by a law enforcement officer and resulted in injury to or death of any person, or damage to the property of any one person, including herself, to any apparent extent of at least one thousand dollars ($1,000).  This form must be filled out and signed by the person involved in the accident, and then mailed to the Texas Department of Transportation office in Austin, Texas.  If the driver is unable to complete the report, then another person may submit the report on behalf of the driver, with an explanation as to why the driver was unable to complete the form.  The person that is requesting the report has the option of requesting a regular copy for six dollars ($6.00) or a certified copy for eight dollars ($8.00).  The certified copy is requested when a person needs an official document, such as for a legal proceeding.  The information that is on the Texas Department of Transportation website states that the Driver's Crash Report (CR-2 Blue Form) must be submitted within 10 days of the crash.  However, we have called and confirmed that a person may in fact still file this report even after the 10 days.  You will not be penalized or given a fine for going past the 10 days.  As result, we are helping our client prepare and file this form. 

If you are a Dallas/Ft. Worth resident who has been injured in a Texas car accident that was not your fault - either as a driver, passenger or pedestrian - Jim Zadeh can help you collect the damages you deserve.  If you have questions concerning your accident, then contact us today.  Mr. Zadeh will tell you whether the injuries you incurred in a car accident merit filing a personal injury lawsuit, in order to recover damages from the responsible party.

Jim M. Zadeh
Connect with me
Attorney at Law
Post A Comment